I’m Amanda Cullen and I’m a business coach.
I worked as a consultant in the pensions industry for over 30 years, and was a partner in a leading consultancy for 10 years. In both these roles I advised clients, managed large teams and led business units.
In my client work I specialised in governance. This involved working with Chairs and helping the Trustee Board of pension schemes to maximise their effectiveness. I also facilitated training events to increase Trustees understanding of their responsibilities and to improve their working relationships.
In my leadership roles I was particularly known for delivering results by developing cohesive teams. My focus was to bring out the best in my colleagues and develop more junior colleagues to fulfil their potential.
For many years I was a coach and mentor in the corporate world. Given my interest in this, it was a natural progression to obtain formal coaching qualifications and establish my own coaching business.
Since establishing Coaching with Amanda, I have worked with a wide range of individuals in corporate life, from accountancy partners to Chairs of pension schemes, and with small business owners of incredibly diverse businesses, including retail, feminine hygiene, therapy and PR.
My coaching style
I am known for getting to the heart of an issue and summarising it concisely, making it simpler for my clients to tackle. I have a supportive yet no-nonsense approach to coaching. I cut through confusion and help my clients balance the emotional aspects of any change with the practical steps needed to move forward. With my help, my clients gain clarity over next steps and I hold them accountable to ensure they take action.
My qualifications and experience:
- Associate Certified Coach, International Coach Federation
- Certified Professional Coactive Coach, Coaches Training Institute
- Mini MBA from Cranfield University in Business Strategy
- Fellow of the Pensions Management Institute
- Certified Member of the Institute of Risk Management
- Partner, Mercer; specialising in pension scheme governance including risk management
- Trustee director of a £4.5 billion UK pension scheme
- Business Mentor, Aspire Foundation
- Co-founder, Aspire Circles; business networking forums
- BA (Hons) French and Spanish, Southampton University